In previous part i already point out that:
- Both mechanisms are based on hash functions.
- Deterministic caching depends on fetch size(arraysize) – results cached only within one fetch call, ssc has no this limitation.
- Hash collisions depends on the single parameter “_query_execution_cache_max_size” for both mechanizms, but they are more frequent in SSC.
4. Deterministic functions does not keeps last result as scalar subquery caching
5. Caching of deterministic functions results turns off after a certain number of attempts to get the value from the cache. But SSC always returns results from cache if values already cached.